What We Believe
Here are a few of our core beliefs...
About the Bible
- The Bible is God's Word to us. It was written by people under the divine guidance of God. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living. As it was inspired by God, it is the truth without errors.
- God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed and manifests as three persons: God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God (often called the ‘Trinity’).
- Although we are made in the spiritual image of God, to be like Him in character, all of us are marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God called "sin." Sin separates people from God and causes problems in life.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on the cross. He rose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He is alive today and will return again to reign as King of kings and Lord of lords. No one can find forgiveness of sins and restored relationship with God except through Jesus.
- The moment we ‘turn the steering wheel of our life over to Jesus’ is the moment of ‘salvation’. Salvation is offered freely to all of us, but never forced on us- it’s our decision. Any attempts at compensating for our sin through our own good works will only fall woefully short. It’s only through allowing Jesus into our heart and accepting his gift of ‘paying the price for our sin’ (so we won’t have to pay it) that we can then find forgiveness of all our sins and truly commit ourselves to ‘follow Christ’. This is salvation, this is the moment we can call ourselves followers of Jesus, or ‘Christians’.
About the Holy Spirit
- The Holy Spirit is present in the world to make us aware of our need for Jesus Christ. From the moment we surrender our lives to Jesus, he lives in us. He provides us with communion, comfort, power for living, the ability to understand spiritual truth, guidance and power. As Christians, we seek to live under His control daily.
- We are created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or eternally with God through forgiveness and salvation. To be eternally separated from God is Hell. To be eternally united with Him is eternal life in Heaven.
If you have further or more specific questions, please contact one of our pastors, they would love to talk to you!